Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Wow, the last few days have been crazy! The times piece came out on Saturday, and I was really pleased with it. Thanks to a fantastic journalist, Hilary Freeman, all the key issues I wanted to raise were clearly put across, and she had used a lot of my own words and writing as well. So a big thank you to her and to the Times for doing that brilliant piece of awareness raising.

I have had an incredible response from it all, and I spoke to the Mirror yesterday, am speaking to a journalist for B magazine tonight, and hopefully an appearance on GMTV tomorrow morning! It is all a bit overwhelming, but I did this with the intention of getting heard, so I am going to take full advantage of my privileged position of being able to speak up about these things while I can. It is all very cathartic for me as well, because whilst it is difficult speaking about my inner most feelings on the matter, it is helping alleviate the feeling of helplessness which accompanies this situation.

I received some really lovely messages and emails from people as well; whenever anyone starts doubting society they should come to me as I have so much proof of the amazing human kindness that is out there.

Health-wise, things are ok, although my chest muscles appear to have gone on strike, and I am getting rather a lot of grief from them in the form of pain and difficulty breathing. The physio came out to see me this morning, and my stats look ok, so I we aren't taking any action just yet. Hopefully my lungs will get over their little strop and start complying again soon!

2 comments:

Kiera said...

Three little words:

Brilliant. Brilliant. Brilliant.


As for the lungs, I hope they start complying very soon.

Will look out for you on GMTV tomorrow.

Kiera said...

P.S. That was a seriously good interview.