Wednesday, April 12, 2006

There's no place like home....that saying is so true!

I got home and just lay down on my bed, it was absolute bliss. As I lay there, I had the weirdest sensation, like all my muscles weakening, and my breathing slowing down, it was actually quite frightening. Then I suddenly realised it was just my body relaxing; I think I had literally not relaxed properly for 2 1/2 weeks which is why it felt so strange. To be fair the hospital environment is not particularly conducive to relaxation, and the saying "a hospital never sleeps" is definitely true.

I fell asleep pretty quickly, and next thing I knew I was being woken up at 9.30 for a bit of dinner. Fell asleep again after that and that was the most amount of sleep I had had in weeks. YAY!!! In the hospital I had IV drips started at intervals of about 4 hours, and the most sleep I ever got was between 1.30am and 6am, so it was a gorgeously indulgent feeling waking up at 10.30 yesterday morning.

Tiny lungs are beginning to behave as well, so am determined to build up a bit of strength and start doing more excersise, as I found the daily walks up and down the hospital corridor quite rewarding, as I could watch myself build up pace and distance, and then reward tiny lungs with haribo/hot choc or similar (ok my lungs didnt really feel the full impact of the reward but I enjoyed it).

Best feeling ever - my gorgeous hot full to the brim bubble bath that I was fully immersed in last night. And the garden looks gorgeous too, everything is so much greener and things blossoming and budding everywhere. YAY.

No comments: