Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A tiny bit of wedding talk now! (Sorry I know there's a lot of people itching to know all the details but I am keeping it quiet, first time for everything...)

Anyway. Many of you may well remember this post here which was coordinated by two special people, namely Emmie and Rose. Anyway they set up "Emily's fund" to ensure lovely kind gifts and gestures went to a safe place for when I was well enough to spend it. People were amazingly generous and lets just say I had a significant amount of dream-making funds provided.

I kept it all safely stowed away as I wanted to spend it on something really special...and I thought you would like to know that I have now spent that money! I have bought the wedding dress of my dreams.

And no it does not look like this.


So each and every person that contributed, please feel safe in the knowledge that you are helping me achieve a dream which I was beginning to think was not possible, and a bit of you will be there on my special day (er our special day Em, do try to remember to include the groom at points...)

Thank you so much, all of you. For everything over the years. There is no real way to repay you all for your thoughts, wishes, cards and presents except to try and demonstrate just how well I am utilising my new found lease of life, and to remember to savour it as it truly is a gift.

11 comments:

Lorraine said...

Fabulous looking frock and I wouldn't put it passed you to pick something EXACTLY like that!
So very happy to hear what you spent your "happy fund" on - what a marvellous way to "celebrate" it - and NO WAY did I think you would use this money for a wedding - many Congratulations! xx

Anonymous said...

Ahh how lovely! xxxxx

suzie said...

I have to say, I'm rather excited about this wedding, never had a daughter so tend to home in on all things sparkley,iridescent and pink when I get the chance.

Much love hun
Sue x

Deb said...

What a lovely way to spend the money!!!

I know you don't want to give away details, but are you able to say when you are getting married?

Your posts always cheer me up because they are so full of delight at things we all take for granted - and it is a fantastic reminder not to do so.

Love and congratulations

Deb

Tinypoppet said...

hi Deb, put it this way....less than 3 months to go. Will tell more nearer the time I promise. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!! xx

Anonymous said...

Emily,

Congrats on finding 'the' dress! In less than 3 months??? You must have so much to organise....hope it all goes well for you (and your husband to be of course!)

WelshRach x

Simba said...

Less than THREE months to go!!!

Wow you've certainly kept that quiet.

xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Emileeeeeeeeee - don't like being kept in suspense!!!

So glad a substantial amount of cash was collected - and what a perfect way to spend it. You are going to make such a gorgeous couple - can't wait to see the photo's. Have 'OK' made you an offer yet? Could pay for a wonderful honeymoon and you are far more famous than most people they feature.....

To the future Mrs A - you deserve all of it and more - you both do! Audrey xx

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh can't wait to see....:D have to wait & see!!!
You soooo deserve something'xtra special'........
Bet your family so excited for you and A family too yeyyyyyyyyyy :D

hugz Elaine & Rach xx
ps dreams come true............. ;)

Anonymous said...

How sweet of you to mention me in your post! And I'm so glad to hear you've spent the money on something so fabulous!

Anonymous said...

black mold exposure,
black mold symptoms of exposure,

wrought iron garden gates,
your nest iron garden gates, here,

hair styles for fine thin hair,
search hair styles for fine thin hair,

night vision binoculars,
buy, night vision binoculars,

lipitor reactions,
lipitor reactions,


luxury beach resort in the philippines,
beach resort in the philippines,

homeopathy for baby eczema.,
homeopathy for eczema learn about it.,

save big with great mineral makeup bargains,
companies marketing mineral makeups,