Monday, December 01, 2008

Another hectic week has flown by...

But hectic in a really really good way. Lots and lots going on behind the scenes for LLTGL, Holly is feeling much better and mending well so her Battlefront campaign is getting a big kick-start, and work wise one of my Choirs is in a competition just before Christmas, not to mention the fact that of course all schools and choirs have Christmas concerts...

So it's rather manic right now! I was feeling nice and smug and proud that I started my Christmas shopping this week, then I received two Christmas cards in the post - people are so organised they're already sending their Christmas cards?! Erk!

I absolutely adore Christmas; sparkly lights, tinsel, glitter, presents, marzipan, clearly it's one of my favourite times of year! I am however rather scared at how fast it is approaching; this whole year has flown by incredibly quickly.

This is really quite a nothing update just to reassure people that everything is fine, just busy! Hope everyone else is also well and smiley.

Oh and one more thing, a little ask because if you don't ask you don't get...

My friend Jake got his transplant two months ago. All great, all fantastic, big celebration. He's a lovely guy, and his wife Laura equally so. They got married in the Summer so this is their first Christmas together.

Only Jake has had quite a few complications and setbacks. To the extent that he definitely will not be able to go home for Christmas. Not only that but some complications relating to his trachi tube means he will not be able to eat, drink or talk for the next few months until he's strong enough for them to sort it.

When I was ill some friends set up a Transplant Fund for me. Knowing how much of a strain Hospital puts on the family, I have set up a similar one for Jake. If anyone would like to contribute even the tiniest amount of Christmas cheer - please contact me through my website. Huge thank yous in advance.

No comments: