Friday, January 23, 2009

Dear Gaz,

I can't believe it's already been 4 years today since you left us. Where has the time gone? You were my first really close friend who was a CFer, and to be honest the first person who truly appreciated my stripy socks as much as I did.

I still think about you lots. Mini-Gaz and Mini-Em are sitting at the top of my wardobe! Mini-Em's hair grows more and more inexplicable as time goes on. You are mentioned at the bottom of the LLTGL website as our inspiration and drive to get on and launch those T-shirts.

I often try and imagine what you'd be doing now, I suspect the web would play a key role in your job! You were so good at web stuff, it's only now I look back and realise how poorly you were at the time that I see what an incredible achievement pwcf.net was.

I still miss you an awful lot. I still get sad when I think that we could still be having those chats and giggles....if you had got your transplant in time. Not much else to say really, except that I miss you. And you continue to inspire me to live my life as best I can and to continue raising awareness and hopefully saving lives. xx

5 comments:

Holly said...

Sending hugs your way hun, Much Love x

Aunty P said...

Em that's beautiful. His inspiration really does live on - in our talks as well as yours.
Thinking of you.
Px

Jac said...

Sorry I didn't realise it was Gaz's anniversary when we chatted earlier. He sounds like an amazing guy! Thinking of you,
higs from me xx

Anonymous said...

thinking of you lots Em,
x

Mc Clarey said...

I still think about Gaz, such a great guy, and your friendship meant just as much to him as it did to you.

xxx